- About Us
- The Cause
- The Ride
- The Schools
- · Benefits to schools
- · Get involved!
- · Project Recharge
- · 2010 Solar Schools
- · 2009 Solar Schools
- · Solar Schools Criteria
There's a multitude of reasons to get involved with Climate Cycle!
By joining Climate Cycle, your school will receive many benefits including:
• A network of eco-minded schools that get together and share innovations. Our schools, teachers, and students are driven to find creative ways to share their knowledge and passion about clean energy and the environment. By joining our community, your school will be able to learn from and contribute to our efforts.
• A network of Climate Cycle supporters. This network includes local and national businesses, community groups, and concerned citizens. At Climate Cycle, we leverage this network to help schools implement their ideas around energy and the environment. While we don't create curriculum, we can connect you with lessons you are looking for and help you create your own learning experiences for your school.
• Opportunities for small grants throughout the year. These grants are to help fund your school's environmental initiatives and can be used in a variety of ways. For instance, some schools have funded bike clubs, started anti-idling campaigns, and learned how to make small solar arrays for their classrooms.
• Participation in a one-of-a-kind bike ride on Chicago's lakefront. This annual bike ride raises funds for solar panels and environmental projects in Chicagoland schools. Concerned citizens from all walks of life and across Chicagoland unite for Climate Cycle's green schools cause. Riders garner pledges from friends and family which helps spread the word about the importance of inspiring youth and adults on living a greener lifestyle. Cyclists select from a 4, 10, 20, 62, or 125-mile course along picturesque Lake Michigan.
• The chance to apply for a solar energy system! The most visible benefit from joining Climate Cycle, we hold an application process starting the day after the ride and ending one month later when a committee reviews the application and grants solar panels to schools. Even if your school already has solar, you can apply for more and build out your system.
Click here to download a PDF of the benefits listed above to share with your school.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email Cassie Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org